About Me

My photo
2 Girls, 2 Boys and a whole lot of noise.

Friday, July 24, 2020

Financial advice?

Have you ever asked yourself these questions:

1. Why do I have to decide if I am going to donate my organs when I am getting my license? Do those 2 things have a correlation?

2. How much Social Security will I get when I retire?

3. If I get injured fighting off a bear at my door because someone left some banana bread out there, what kind of disability insurance should I have?

4. What happens to my spouse's pension when they die? Do I still get it?

5. I need my kids to go to college so I can live off their income. How can I make that happen?

6. What can I invest in so that I can build a mansion and sit on my hoarded coins like Scrooge McDuck?

7. Is my life insurance through my work enough?

8. How can I make sure that my retirement funds last as long as I do?

9. I don't like my kids. Can I afford boarding school?

10. How can I pay as little of taxes as possible?

If you have found yourself pondering any of these things, I have the answers! Except for #1 - I still don't know why you don't decide that at the doctor's office or somewhere where that would be a logical conversation.

I have been practicing finance for many years now. I do taxes for people, I have taught personal finances classes and lessons. I have probably seemed a little nosy at times because I ask about all things finance for my friends - I assure you, it is only to see if I can help with finances, not to blackmail you. So I am really excited and feel like Heavenly Father has led me to this point in my life where I am making a career out of it. I am going to be a financial planner with New York Life Company. I have written a more detailed blog about how I have come to this decision  but I hope that God will bring people to me who need my help. I love to help people and I am really good at finances so please please send people to me who can use help with anything finance related. It's totally free to talk and it can bring a lot of peace to your life - especially if you want to send those kids off to boarding school. I still need a bit of training but think about it and let me know if this is something that you might want to talk about. I assure you, I am a really fun and smart person. The conversation won't be dull and you could be a zoom meeting away from feeling like you are prepared for whatever comes in this crazy world.

If you want to read the more detailed story go here: My Life's Calling

No comments: