About Me

My photo
2 Girls, 2 Boys and a whole lot of noise.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Kid Swap?

To my dearest friend who has entrusted me to watch your daughter:

We had an incident tonight that I feel obligated to tell you about. First I would like to give you some background information on how we ended up in this situation. It all started with a Zoom conference with a friend that went a little longer than we expected. We hadn't had dinner and it was after 8:00 pm. I had promised the girls that we would take them to Chinese. We headed out to a Chinese restaurant that was 10 miles away and was closing in about as many minutes. To add insult to injury our car informed us that we had 10 miles until our gasoline would be empty.
We are valiantly following Google Maps as it leads us on the most convoluted journey through freeway entrances and exits, down frontage roads, and across mile-high overpasses as if tempting fate to allow the night to get really ugly. Being hangry wasn't quite enough of a price to pay, we are watching the miles on the car gauge drop to 4 and the miles to the destination increase. There was a slight amount of yelling involved where one of us was saying that we need gasoline and the other saying that we need food.
After a quick stop for gas, we scurried over to the Chinese restaurant. Unfortunately, it closed early to deep clean. No go.
Our second option, another Chinese restaurant close by, was also closing. It also would not let us sit down so we headed out that door too.
At that point, we looked around and decided to find anything that was open - and just ahead of us was a glowing neon green sign. There were cars all around it which indicated human life and a place for people to sit and eat. It was a winner.

We park and hurry to the door. I look inside and see many bar-like tables with young lively people enjoying their time indoors. I walk in and go to the desk to make sure that we can bring children in. I was assured that we could. I then begin to process what I am looking at. For some reason I can see a lot of cleavage. I take another step back and realize that I can see many things on this girl's body - and we aren't at the beach. She leads us to the table where another girl attends us who is wearing - or not wearing - the same thing. As we sit there it occurs to me why there would be a lot of cars outside a restaurant at 9:00 on a Tuesday night - especially when there is a virus running around.
It was only when I head to the bathroom and I had to choose between "Sit-2-P" and "Stand-2-P" that I realize that I am not the right clientele for this establishment. I have brought these cute 13 year old girls into a modern day Hooters and it was too late to leave.
As Jeremy and I were leaving, we discussed how we ended up at this place. A faint memory of someone telling us about this restaurant's name "Twin Peaks" came to mind. As I recall the friend's comment, "the name does not mean 2 mountain tops" I realize that we aren't in Kansas anymore. Consider yourself warned.

So to end our night we got to discuss with our two 13 year old girls why this is an appealing business for some girls - lots of drunk men and tips - and why the food wasn't good - because the menfolk don't care - and that it might be good to set some goals for your life, and maybe make better plans so that you don't end up taking your kids places they might be seen as prey.

My dearest friend, I am sorry for our ignorance and lack of planning. I am very sure that we will all remember this night and not repeat it. I do recognize the disparity in our level of responsible-ness as you feed my son snacks and watch wholesome shows on Netflix and I have taken your daughter out to a place that is one pole shy of a strip club. If you don't want to kid swap again, I will understand.

Sincerely,

Irresponsible mom

No comments: