About Me

My photo
2 Girls, 2 Boys and a whole lot of noise.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Sanders Slope 4.5 miles

Alright, it seems that everyone was a little curious about this hike that we do so I decided to document it. According to my friend, Michelle Sherrer, Sanders Slope is 1.5 miles of actual slope with a 10% grade but we start at the beach and walk for 4.5 miles total, 1.5 being the slope part. Make sense? Here are some pictures to show you our adventure. Aspen and I do this twice a week. We have other friends join us too on Mondays but Friday was just me, Aspen and Lindsy!
 
 
Aspen, me, Lindsy
 

 This is about a mile into the hike. We are at the base of the slope. You can kind of see that it goes up into the jungle right above my buff arm.

The ocean is on our left. This is the middle of the slope.
 
 
Here is Aspen, plus 100 pounds of kids. She is a beast!
Here we are at the top. Our hair is a mess and we are dripping sweat, but we have made it. You can see the beautiful ocean behind Lindsy.

 And this is the top of the slope. We still have another mile to go but it isn't anything like the slope. The view is amazing from up here, you can see the coastline, and it is beautiful.

So I do this twice a week, usually helping push someone else's load along. Sometimes it rains (which is my favorite time to go) and sometimes the sun wants to destroy us but we will keep going. It is a great workout and a lot of fun. It also gives us a chance to get out and enjoy Guam's beauty.

So far I have done it 5 times. I am keeping score. Miller - 4, Sanders Slope (Tarague) - 1.
(Tarague won on Monday. I was pretty dehydrated and sick-feeling afterwards. I can't count that as a win.)

And that is our story.

No comments: