About Me

My photo
2 Girls, 2 Boys and a whole lot of noise.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Finding the pigs-see visiting teaching post

I feel the need to add to the visiting teaching post, you see...last year there was a lesson on when you go "visit teach" someone, you don't just go in, give a spiritual message and say "call us when you need us". If you can see that the baby is crying and the floor needs swept, get up and do something about it. Visiting teaching is more than something you just check off each month. Serve each other.

Ok, so that being said, I think Aspen took this to heart, whereas, I have not prepared myself fully for these expectations. You see, when Lovely told us that her pigs were missing and that she was pretty concerned about it, Aspen said, "Do you want us to help you look for them?"
I looked at Aspen.
Lovely looked at Aspen.
Then Lovely belted out her boisterous laugh and said, "No. No. I will look for them." because I am sure that Lovely saw what I was seeing...Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie trying to chase down wild pigs in the jungle.
I am certain that the church presidency was not thinking about some of the circumstances that 2 white girls would be in when they gave that message about "get up and do something."

I just wanted to clarify what actually happened. Also, I am happy to report that Lovely found the pigs...without a crazy version of "The Simple Life."

No comments: