About Me

My photo
2 Girls, 2 Boys and a whole lot of noise.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Oh Cody!

I am not sure why I get the fussy babies who can't tolerate food, but that is my lot in life - fighting food. Whether it be eating less for myself or trying to keep it down for my kids. It must have designated itself my eternal nemesis. So my little Cody has had a difficult time keeping food down. So much so, that we had a procedure done at the hospital where he drank Barium and they X-rayed his little tummy. To make a long story short, he basically has acid reflux, a little bit of colic, and possibly pyloric stenosis. (Which means that the spot where his tummy drains into the small intestine might be a little too tight. This requires surgery.) However, we are working on the acid reflux and trying to avoid surgery. He started meds for acid reflux yesterday and there have been a lot more minutes than normal of smiles. Yea! We will shoot for that everyday - just a few more minutes than the day before.
As for Kaitlynn, She and I went for a little drive yesterday to get Cody's medicine and as usual, she talked my ear off, but we were having fun. I had some issues at the pharmacy and had to make a few phone calls on my cell. Then I called Aunt Jenny for something, and then Grandma, and on the last phone call Kaitlynn says "Are you on 'da phone again, Mommy?"
"Yes, I am."
"You're a bad mommy."
I am not sure what the correlation is between being on the phone and being a bad mom. She can't possibly know that it is considered unsafe (while driving in the car), nonetheless, I had to laugh at this judgement. She must have just wanted more of my time. Either way, I found it pretty humorous. Gotta love these kids!

3 comments:

Joni and Kevin said...

Whenever Christian is mad or doesn't get his way he looks at me and says 'I no like you mama'!

I have to admit, I find it more funny/cute than offensive. I see Kaitlyn is also expressing herself, although I'd be very interested to hear why she assosciates talking on the phone with bad mommies...

Sorry to hear about Cody. Let us know how things go and we'll keep him in our prayers.

rachel garber said...

Oh that little Kaitlyn! She is too funny. I like your blog - you are a funny writer! You write just like you tell the story, which I always enjoyed your stories, so this is a treat. It's like talking to you again :)

papanana said...

About your lot in life. Sorry about that, but look how well your beautiful little girl is turning out.

Besides, the Lord would not have sent them to you unless he knew you would have the strength to handle it. You are great parents. The rewards will be well worth it.