About Me

My photo
2 Girls, 2 Boys and a whole lot of noise.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Bad hair week

So I decided I needed a change of hair color. I was at the store and debated between two hair colors, thinking the whole time that I never wanted to dye my hair one color again. (I prefer highlighting) Monday I dyed it an orangish red. Tuesday decided I didn't like it. Thursday I called Melinda and got it re-dyed. Thursday night (when I got home) Kaitlynn says "Montana" (meaning Hannah Montana) and Jeremy said "Why did you change it?" which helped me decide I didn't like it. Friday I went back to Melinda's and had low lights put in and I like it better. Probably damaged it quite a bit, but I got the change I was looking for.
Enough about me, we took Kaitlynn and Cody to the Pumpkin Patch this evening. Kaitlynn found a pumpkin that has "a smile". (It had an indention that swoops like a smile.) So we had to get it. It weighed over 30 pounds.
The other event of the day - I have been holding out on getting gas and haven't gone anywhere all week because prices have been dropping and I wanted to buy it at less than $3 a gallon. So all week it has been 3.11 and today it dropped to 2.99. So I filled up at 11:15 and was excited to have gotten such a good deal. ONE HOUR later it was at 2.92 and at 3:30 it was at $2.82 and this evening $2.76. Seriously! I want my money back. All $3.75 of it.

3 comments:

ReeSe said...

Where are all your before/after pics? Come on..we wanna see the bad hair too! :) I'm guessing it wasn't as bad you think!

Joni and Kevin said...

Okay - I agree with reesespcs - where are the pictures? It sounds like a great story (a familiar one too since I had a similar experience in college).

About the 30lb pumpkin... wow all I can say is you love your daughter. I hope you enjoyed carving that thing! We didn't go to a patch but we got pumpkins too. We carved them but Christian wasn't too sure about it. Although it probably didn't help that my dad was pretending that the pumpkin was eating his had when he went to pull out the insides... but it was fun. I'll do an entry on it here in a couple days.

I love your blog!

Christina and Jeremy said...

I think that my orange kitchen and the orange light would really have made it look horrible, so you couldn't tell anyway. I didn't think I would blog about it, so I didn't even think to take pictures.
The pumpkin stunk inside. Jeremy dealt with it, so not-my-problem. :)