About Me

My photo
2 Girls, 2 Boys and a whole lot of noise.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Car stories

This is the conversation that Kaitlynn and I had in the car on the way to California:
Kaitlynn: "Mommy."
Christina: "What?"
Kaitlynn: "I'm just saying your name."
a few minutes later...
Kaitlynn: "Mommy"
Christina: "Yeah?"
Kaitlynn: "I'm just saying your name."
After the fourth time...
Christina: Kaitlynn, Can you say a new name?
Kaitlynn: "Nope."

She must have been reading a book on how to drive mom crazy.

So we made it and this base is spread out for miles. It takes ten minutes to get from the entrance of the base to the housing area. This wouldn't be a big deal if there was something to see in between. But there is nothing. Hills, cows, and the speed limit that is strictly enforced. We are definitely not going to be living on base.
We were invited to a New Years party at a new friend's house. She had lots of yummy junk food treats and I ate them all. She invited a friend over so now I know 2 people. Yes, two. But we have only been here for a little over 24 hours so I am considering that successful.

Jeremy just informed that when he goes back to Alabama in March for 6 weeks of training it will take many days to drive there. Drive there? Really? Like, how many days will that take?
If we fly there we will have no car. Can't you rent a car for 6 weeks?
I am still weighing the options.

Happy New Year to you all. I hope Christmas was great too. The temperature here is close to 50 degrees each day. Christmas is officially over.


4 comments:

Mel said...

I'm glad you guys made it there safely and I would say two friends are a big success :) Car rides are so fun aren't they.

The Martin's said...

I'm glad you made it!!! I can't wait to see pictures of the new pad!!! Oh and just so you know :) ha ha Jake throws his food as soon as he's done or if you don't respond to his 3 grunts fast enough. I'm usually scrapping some sort of oatmeal or dried cereal off the floor. Jake used to be a good baby but he is the devil now!! I'm paying for it! I think its the boy thing though. He gets that look in his eye and then does whatever it is he's not supposed to. Like unrolling the whole brand new roll of toilet paper.

Jennifer said...

Aren't kids fun!? I couldn't wait for them to talk and now most days I wish they wouldn't talk quite so much!

Glad you made it safe and are enjoying not having to wake up at 5am!

We miss you at clearwater!
Jennifer

Christina and Jeremy said...

Thanks guys. New adventures are crazy but good.