About Me

My photo
2 Girls, 2 Boys and a whole lot of noise.

Monday, March 26, 2018

Cursed?

Earlier this year I experienced another birthday. I don't really care about the age going up but the day is just cursed. CURSED. If you want to hear my sad tale, you can private message me and I will share a pity party with you. Anyway, this year I received an 18" Christus. 

This thing is big. You can hold it like a porcelain baby. I don't really have a great place to put it and we move a lot, so this seemed silly to keep it.

So I decided to send it back. I admit that I feel bad for returning Jesus - not to be disrespectful here, but really, we could all use Him more in our lives. I just don't want Him falling over and injuring a child...even though He would have already suffered for that pain... it's just so complex. I was really torn about this... but I took it to the post office anyway.

Now here comes a math problem at you:
It cost $120. I had to pay $11 to return it.
When I got the refund it was for $70 and they said the rest was for shipping. 

(I admit that I was a little mad about this. We just wasted $61 on shipping and we could have just kept it.)

I thought it was over but then guess what's on my front porch today?

The flippin' box with a note that says it needs $40 in shipping!!!

So how much have I already paid in shipping? And if I return it, how much did it cost to own for 1 week?  I think it might just end up being my stolen Jesus.



1 comment:

MO said...

You've only paid $11.00 so far in shipping. It cost you $59.00 at this point to keep it. (Your $70.00 check - $11.00). If you have to give them $40.00 more dollars it will cost you a total of $101.00 to have kept it for that short period of time. Yiks!