About Me

My photo
2 Girls, 2 Boys and a whole lot of noise.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Random week

This is a random blog today. I have random stuff to post with little coherency. Sorry.
This is Jeremy and I right before he left. We went to San Luis Beach with our friends, Aspen and Russ, Lindsy and Rick, and Cindy and Will, and we played in the water. No, we are not those people who look amazing when they swim in water. We look like drowned rats...well, I do. Jeremy looks like a pearl...a very white pearl when he swims. Someone commented that she can tell he hasn't been on Guam long because he was so white. hahaha. Made me laugh. Jeremy, not so much.
These are my kids and our friend's kids. David, the Dad, watched all the kids while we went to the Relief Society Broadcast a bit ago. I just got this picture. Thanks David!
Look at that beautiful blue water. We were going on a hike and you come down a hill and the Ocean just says, "Hello."
I took the kids on a "Boonie Stomp" (Guam's term for a hike). Actually, Guam's term for everything. Boonie dogs are dogs that roam the island with no owner. My kids call kids that are playing on the side of the road, "boonie kids". (I'm not sure if that is appropriate.) Anyway, this is called Priest Pools. We went on a short walk to get here but we got to this point and found that you are about 5 feet up from the surface of the water. The only way to get down is a steep path with sharpish rocks. We looked over the side for a while and I thought, "Should I just throw my kids in? I really don't want them to slide down on the rocks.?" But no, although throwing them in would have been easier, we shimmied down the rocks. The pools were clear enough to see that they were lined with algae. After much coercion, my kids did get in. It was a freshwater pool, which is hard to find on Guam. They had life jackets so they were fine but it is weird to take life jackets when you usually just float in the salt water.  We didn't stay long and eventually went here:


I don't remember what these are called but they have water from the ocean  flowing into them from the waves. It was a fun day.

As a side note, Lovely, my visiting teachee, called me this week and asked me to bring her some medicine. She said she was sick and needed help. I took her some tylenol, etc. but found that she was all out of bottled water. (She has no running water.) When I asked how she was going to take the medicine (which she had never taken before) she said she was going to cut open a coconut and drink the water inside. Talk about living off the land. I didn't find this acceptable but I only had 24 oz of water in my car. I gave it to her but wow. The homeless people in America got nothin' on Lovely.


Funny Kaitlynn Story: She woke up the other night at midnight and yelled something out. Then she got up and turned on her light in her bedroom. I told her to come lay with me and she yelled, "No!"
So in the morning she gets up and yells, "Why did Cody turn on my light?!?"
 
So that sets off her whole morning and she is mad about everything. She is grumbling at Cody about something and then suddenly, out of left field, yells at me, "And when are we going to use my Easy Bake Oven?!?"
 
I am still laughing about that crazy kid.
 

 

1 comment:

Callie Meyet said...

Hey Christina - Uncle Randy here on Callie's computer! Great Blog. It is obvious you are thriving and making a great life of living on an island paradise. We are proud of you and the strength you have. What a spirit!! Go Girl !! We miss you and your family tremendously and treasure the times when you were all closer (but we aren't even there either). Keep on going, you are doing great!!