About Me

My photo
2 Girls, 2 Boys and a whole lot of noise.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Disneyland and other stuff...



This was Kaitlynn's first day of preschool (which is equivalent to Kindergarten back in Idaho). She goes from 830-1130 M-F. She loves her teachers - Ms. Tammy (above) and Ms. Amy. Her favorite friend is Eva.
So Kaitlynn started school and then we went to Disneyland!!!
We are in the shuttle from the hotel on our way...
 Here we are with... Pinocchio and Geppeto along with our friend Emma.
Then we walked to the Castle. Kaitlynn was thrilled that we finally made it to the "Disney Castle" that we see at the beginning of all the Disney movies.
 
This is a little parade that they had where they sang songs. Some pushy lady's head is in most of the other pictures so this is the best one we got.
 Cody and I on our horse. Emma on hers.
Our friends Emma, Scott and Jenna.
This is our group at Lightning McQueen. Good times.
 
Kaitlynn with her Princess autograph book and Princess Pen. ($20)  

We loved the Winnie the Pooh ride. And the Monsters Inc. ride. We rode that one 6 times in a row. 

Kaitlynn went on Splash mountain...I didn't. I did get talked into California Screaming, though. My heart stopped, I am sure. I hate thrill rides.
      
Princess Tiana. Loved her accent.

  
Princess Jasmine.
Princess Belle.



Oh, yes. We had to get the Prince's signature and picture too.

This is a bear playground that the kids loved. We played for quite a while climbing the nets, sliding, and running around.
  
 Baby Michael! This is us hanging out outside a ride while all the others went inside. Dang that 40 inch rule. Don't they know our family is just short?

Spinning on the lady bugs was great. 
This is something that we didn't see all that often. Cody smiling.
  
Pioneer Children sang as they walked, and walked, and walked and walked. Seriously. Lots of walking 
 involved. The kids slept well every night.
The night show!!
Beach Day!!! Yes, I am the one in the jeans and hat. It wasn't that warm, people.

 
This is Kaitlynn driving a car. It is night-time so it is hard to see but she is just giggling and thought it was the greatest. I felt like I had whiplash. She is a terrible driver.
This was a super fun breakfast that Kaitlynn, Christian, Joni and I went to. You are looking at the top of Chip's head and the guy in green was Peter Pan. This guy was awesome. He is sitting there, in character, telling that guy that "I talk to Wendy all the time. Actually, she talks to me all the time because she  talks too much."
  
Then we got to ride the tram at the very back so we got to see out the big window. It was great!
Loved the green Army guy. Woody was great too!
  
I don't remember what this island thing was called. Huck Finn? Mark Twain? I don't know. The kids had a great time.
We finally saw Buzz!!!
  
And that summarizes Disney. Not that you can summarize Disney...well, yes you can..."Spare no expense." Disney's motto passed down to you (and your wallet). Probably more pictures will be posted as they roll in from family and friends but this is all I had.
We are now back at home. I am caught up on homework. Jeremy leaves in one month (for 2 months) and then he will be home for three months only to leave again for 6 months. Too bad there is no such thing as substitutes for dads/husbands. Or better yet, hiring someone to work/travel for you so you don't have to.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Fun! I want to go to Disneyland! You crack me up about the expense of it all though, it's so true! I mean $20 for a signature book...robbery! I'm glad you guys had fun. The kids are getting big. Cody's smile pic was adorable. So where is Jeremy going and what is he doing? When he's gone for six months is he getting deployed? What a long time to be gone :(

Christina and Jeremy said...

Jeremy is going to Ohio in a couple weeks for a 2 month training. Then in March he will "deploy"...to Nevada. Seriously. It si kind of dumb. We can't go with him. It is like a real deployment overseas but he will be in Nevada for 6 months. I am kind of hoping he gets sent overseas. He gets a lot more money and I won't feel guilty if I go visit my parents instead of visiting him. (sounds awful, but it is an 8 hour drive each way, with the kids and it would only be for a weekend because he can't take time off.) It is just a silly deployment. Anything can change between now and then. He has to be gone so much the first couple years sometimes I think that I don't want to do this for 20 years. I don't know if it gets better or not.
So I loved Amelia's walking video. She is getting so big. Carson too. I almost would think he is 8. Crazy kids.